My status

Live Chat Support

Banner

Connect with us:

Exchange Rate Ref.:
US$1 = RMB$6.5
US$1 = HK$7.8

Welcome, Guest
Please Login in left hand box or Register.    Lost Password?

UD-10 basic vs RA modified
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: UD-10 basic vs RA modified
UD-10 basic vs RA modified 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi,

I am interested in the UD-10 together with a HTPC (using Media Center or Media portal) but as I also watch movies with this PC I wonder if the UD-10 allow to pass a Dolby Digital/AC3 or DTS signal to it's digital outputs? I want to use both a DD/DTS receiver (for movies) as my Lyngdorf TDA2200 (for stereo music)

If not can the UD-10 be combined with the existing soundcard or will you then get conflicts?

Hope you can answer these questions before I order. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Antoine
The Netherlands.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:UD-10 basic vs RA modified 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
i would like to know the answer to this as well, Does it support AC3/DTS passthrough?

There is a long discussion at www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205736

I personally don't know if it will pass Dolby/DTS. But I know it is compatible with another sound device such as a sound card. You just have to select the proper device in the control panel

actually, i became interested of the UD-10 because of that HeadFi thread! you can even see that i've posted in that thread!

i wish i can get an official response to whether the UD-10 supports AC3/DTS passthrough, if it does i can say goodbye to my AV-710 completely (since i'm sure the UD-10 will provide a cleaner digital signal)

it DOES NOT support native AC3/DTS passthrough, so if you wish to watch movies with surround audio tracks you must use another sound card

I doubt whether this thingie will pass DD/DTS signals since it is a DAC and has not got not a DD/DTS decoder onboard. In order to connect your pc to a home theatre system to be able to play DD/DTS audiostreams you will have to look for something like the Creative DTS-610 Home Theather Connect., which is sadly enough (and why not, Creative?) not available worldwide. www.creative.com/products/product.asp?ca...55&product=14191

Go to topPage: 12

Protected by R Antispam