My status

Live Chat Support

廣告看板

歡迎到訪我們的:

貨幣匯率:
1美元US$ = $6.5人民幣
1美元US$ = $7.8 港幣

Welcome, Guest
Please Login in left hand box or Register.    Lost Password?

Fitting RCA (stereo plugs) to the UD-10.1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Fitting RCA (stereo plugs) to the UD-10.1
Fitting RCA (stereo plugs) to the UD-10.1 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hello, I read that some of you are fitting aftermarket RCA plugs to the DAC, I was wondering if someone could provide more details on how this is done, including modifications to the case itself. Wanting to know how easy this is, and also what RCA sockets people are using? I am in the UK and Vampire seems to be a US only brand :/

Wanting to get the most out of this great little box and it seems fitting stereo RCA sockets is the most logical first step. Any ideas/thoughts or other recommended modifications would be welcome!

Also thanks to Trends for a great product.
Last Edit: 2010/05/11 06:50 By admin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fitting RCA (stereo plugs) to the UD-10.1 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Kindly consider this 3.5mm to RCA Audiophile cable and refer to the link: www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/ProductDisplay...434007&prtype=17

I installed RCA outs in my UD-10. Vampires from Audiomagus. The change was phenomenal in my system, but you will need a revealing system to present the nuances available through the RCA's.

My Hornshoppe Horn drivers are wired directly to the speaker cables. I'm using WLM White Lightning as cables and IC's (see Jeff Day's DIY article at 6moons). These are besting my anti-cables speaker cables and IC's with Eichmann bullets. The amp now is a Glow One. Previously, it was a highly modified Cary.

The holes for the RCA jacks need to be on the left rear of the dac. You can use the position of the original output jack, but then drill a hole directly above it for the second jack. I took the UD-10 out of it's casing and have it in a wooden cigar box. I think that it may improve the sound to remove the metal jacket. It also gives you room to install the RCA jacks.

Well worth the surprise when you hear what you have been missing. The sound leaps off my speakers now.

Best wishes, Earplay

Thanks for your reply! I soldered some gold RCA plugs I got from Maplins (UK), not ideal but I wanted to see what difference there was over using the headphone out. As you noted, quite a big difference, for me it seems more solid, seperation of each instrument is improved. However I have just started using a separate DAC (Zero DAC 24/192) going from the Trends via optical out. Early days yet - the run in is 100hrs+, but I would say this is much more desirable as you can utilise a better quality DAC chip than the one onboard the Trends.

MY ONLY GRIPE!! - The Trends, if used only as a transport for the digital signal between PC and external DAC, will limit the resolution to 16/48!!!! Which is a shame. I would like to be able to use my higher quality 24/192 DAC (NOS) ideally. If there is any way of doing this I would love to hear it!!

Hello...how to fit stereo rca to this? and how to have separate channels (front+surround+sub+center) as I use few amps dedicated to different chans (one for fronts...other for surround and last for center...Sub is active one so I connect it directly to PC soundcard usually ).
I need a better DAC to use with my PC but it seems this one is pretty poor in connectivity...my bad.
Thanks.
Bye.

Go to topPage: 1

Protected by R Antispam