My status

Live Chat Support

廣告看板

歡迎到訪我們的:

貨幣匯率:
1美元US$ = $6.5人民幣
1美元US$ = $7.8 港幣

Welcome, Guest
Please Login in left hand box or Register.    Lost Password?

UD-10 as standalone DAC
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: UD-10 as standalone DAC
UD-10 as standalone DAC 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi all, I currently drive my power amplifier using a modified M-Audio Revolution 7.1 in my HTPC. I'd like to attempt the same with a UD-10, getting the sound out of the noisy PC environment. My volume control is via the PC. My first modification will be to remove the headphone jack and install some RCA's for a better connection to the amp. Given the UD-10 analog out was designed to suit headphones, is there any modifications I can do to improve it as a dedicated DAC out to my amplifier? I notice there are is a couple of capacitors inside, are there any that would benefit from changing to higher quality ones? If so, which ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Nathan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:UD-10 as standalone DAC 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
I think I someone else asked the same question on this forum. They were told to email Support directly. Because I want to do the same thing, I wrote Support directly a few days ago. Still waiting for a reply. BTW, I just replaced the headphone jack with Vampire RCA jacks, available from Audiomagus, and the results are unbelievable. It's as if I have a different DAC. Every aspect of the sound improved substantially. You don't know how good the UD-10 DAC sounds if you are running through the headphone jack. earplay

Hi JUSTCALLMEFRANK I have removed the two 47mF Electrolytic Capasitors and soldered two 2,2mF polypropylene from plus of where the old Caps was soldered, and directly to the new Phono Inputs. The Earphone Jacks are olso removed, and the Ground from here, are soldered to Ground of the Phono Inputs. The sound is very good, though the output is still not as high as a normal CD player Best Regards. Eallann

Kindly take note that Trends UD-10 is using high-end Burr Brown PCM2704 IC for USB audio conversion.

Go to topPage: 1

Protected by R Antispam