My status

Live Chat Support

Banner

Connect with us:

Exchange Rate Ref.:
US$1 = RMB$6.5
US$1 = HK$7.8

Welcome, Guest
Please Login in left hand box or Register.    Lost Password?

Battery voltage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Battery voltage
Battery voltage 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
The sound quality of UD-10 is very impressive, and much much better than I expected for its price. My current source path is as follows: Windows XP PC with Foobar 2000 via usb -> stock USB cable with ferrite ring on the UD-10 input end -> UD-10 coax2 out -> Ack digital cable -> Benchmark DAC1). It easily beats my prosumer Echo sound card as the digital source. Congrats to Mr Trends for this excellent product! But one thing that bothers me is that the optionally bought battery pack runs out pretty quickly (4 to 5 hours maybe after a full charge - I assume it is a full charge when the LED in the charger turns from red to green). That is a bit inconvenient. Honestly, when the battery runs out, it really spoils an otherwise enjoyable listening session! So I was thinking of using a high-capacity 6V sealed lead acid battery. Mr Trends, can the UD-10 take 6V DC (or even higher immediately after a recharge) and what is your recommendation regarding the power supply for best audiophile results?
Last Edit: 2010/05/11 07:27 By admin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Battery voltage 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
We do not suggest for using DIY power supply or battery as Brown PCM2704 IC will be burnt if you are using not correct power input. Thus, we provided Trends PW-10 PSU and Trends Battery Pack for your selection. See Q3 in FAQ for more details.

i believe it's best to stick with a 5V power supply, because it strictly states AGAINST using 4x1.5v AA batteries (which equals 6v) on the product page

Unfortunatelly, I forget to order the battery pack, so just as a quick solution, I'm building a temporary one from an AA battery socket which can hold 4 batteries.

Shall I supply the +5V into the center pin of the external connector?

If I use 3 piece of battery (1.5V x 3 = 4.5V) is it sufficient to the UD-10 or shall I use 4 piece of 1.2V rechargable batteries?

Thanks in advance,
Liq

Go to topPage: 1

Protected by R Antispam