UD-10.1 USB Audio Converter(Transport & Headphone amp.)
] [Buy Now
In the front panel, there are the USB socket and the headphone socket (can convert to a pair of RCA audio output with the bundled adaptor). The back panel is mainly the digital outputs (optical x1, coaxial x2 (RCA & BNC), AES/EBU x1 for UD-10.1 and optical x1, coaxial x 1 (RCA) for UD-10.1 Lite) and the external power supply socket.
- high-end Burr Brown PCM2704 IC for USB audio conversion
- proprietary dual power regulation circuits design (normal implementations are just directly apply the 5V USB bus power). No matter the power is supplied from the USB bus or from external socket, it is regulated before supply to the related ICs. Dual regulated powers are supplied to digital circuits and analog circuits individually.(UD-10.1 only)
- separated digital/analog ground. The digital GND (network) and the analog GND (solid) is totally separated except connected via a ferrite bread in a single point. It effectively reduce interference between digital signals and analog signals.
- Option to use USB bus power [convenient] or external power [better sound] (e.g. Trends PW-10 PSU or AA size rechargeable battery 1.2V x4=5V, don't use normal batteries with 1.2V x4=6V, it would be too high for safety and good sound performance)
- 4 pins high accuracy crystal clock (±10ppm, UD-10.1 or ±25ppm, UD-10.1 Lite)
- applied RS422 driving IC to concurrently drive 4 groups of balance & non-balance digital outputs. Audiophiles can compare the differences between these digital outputs instantly or play for the Bi-DACs or even Quad DACs.
- proprietary impedance matching circuits for AES/EBU(110ohm)(UD-10.1 only), Coaxial(75ohm) digital outputs
- applied the specially designed pulse transformers for each AES/EBU(UD-10.1 only) and Coaxial outputs to further isolated interference from UD-10.1 to the external DAC. The most pure, accurate, standard digital signal is then regenerated with minimum interference and jitter.
- plug-and-play without driver installation for most PC/Mac operating systems, e.g. Windows OS, Mac OS X and Linux OS.
We applied audiophile grade materials and electronic components, including the high-quality Japanese/Korean precise SMD resistors and capacitors. Besides reducing the space, it also reduces the resident inductance (relative to DIP components). The power filtering and decoupling is using Sanyo OS-CON solid-state electrolyte capacitors. The analog signal decoupling and coupling are using ELNA Silmic electrolyte capacitors and WIMA MKP10 film capacitors＃. The case of the device is the stylish iron-gray whole aluminium one. 1.Trends UD-10.1 Lite USB Audio Converter - 2 digital input (incl. optical x1, coaxial x1 (RCA)
2.Trends UD-10.1 USB Audio Converter - 4 digital output(incl. optical x1, coaxial x2 (RCA & BNC), AES/EBU x1)